• Greetings Loyola Family,
This is Ms. Shipley your Pupil Services Attendance Counselor to share some important Attendance Information.
• Children 6-18 years old are required by law to attend school regularly and on time: EdCode48200
• Excused absences/tardies: Illness, Student’s Doctor/Dental Appointment, Student’s Court Date, Death of close family member, or Administrator approved absence.
• Unexcused absence/tardies: Traffic, Weather conditions, Personal Errands for family, Medical appointments or Court appearances that are not related to the student and Vacations.
• School bus related absences and tardies must be verified by the office staff.
• Provide your student’s teacher with an absent note within 10 days of your student’s absence. Please provide proof of medical appointments and court dates.
• Students with 3 or more UNEXCUSED ABSENCES are not in compliance with EdCode48200.
• Students who are 30 or more minutes late to school without a valid excuse are not in compliance with EdCode48200.
• Students who leave school 30 or more minutes before dismissal without a valid excuse are not in compliance with EdCode 48200.
• Welcome Back Attendance Challenge (Aug 15th-Aug 31st): One classroom/ grade level with the least amount of absences during the first 2 weeks of school will earn an ice cream party!
• September is Attendance Awareness Month!
• September 20th is the 25th day of school! Students with 0-1 absences and 3 or less tardies will be able to attend the “Attendance Treasure Box on Friday, September 29th.
Feel free to email or call me if you have any additional questions.