This is Dr. Smith with your weekly updates. Thank you for daily encouraging your child to read. Let’s together encourage our students to Read daily! Students reading achievement correlates with success.
This past week, during my daily announcements I reminded children to show Loyola LoVE and Kindness to one another. I reminded them that we must stay within our own Space Bubble and be mindful of the space around us. I have reviewed with students that we don’t put our hands on anyone for any reason. Respecting one another as well as each others space, ensures that we maintain a peaceful, safe and respectful campus. Please continue to reiterate that with your children. Let’s continue to show our Village Values and Loyola LoVE.
Thank you to all families that attended the Magnet Workshop on Friday morning and also attended the VIVA Loyola! Show!! The Viva Loyola Show was awesome! Thank you for coming out to support us!!
This Wednesday we will be sending home in our Home- School Connection the Title I. Parent Involvement Policy. Please review the Parent Involvement Policy and bring any questions you may have to our next School Site Council meeting which will be held on Monday October 22nd at 2:45pm in Room 24.
We have 4 more weeks until the end of Reporting Period #1. Let’s continue to support our students as they put forth effort to reach our grade level academic and social goals. Be sure to share some of the Growth mindset tips with them to encourage them to persevere, work hard, and stay focused.
This week coming up.
1. Tuesday October 16th at 8:30am we will have another Magnet Workshop. Please come out and learn how to navigate through Magnet Schools application process in LAUSD.
2. Tuesday October 16th at 9:00am Loyola Village School Tour
3. Thursday October 18th – The Great Shake Drill – District wide 11am – 11:40. Our office will be closed during that time.
October Events at a glance
4. Tuesday October 16th & 23rd –Magnet Workshops at 8:30am
5. Tuesday October 16th & 23rd – Loyola Village School Tour 9:00am
6. Wednesday October 31st –1:30 – 2:20– Harvest Festival Parade. Students may wear their costumes to school however, may only wear the mask during the Parade. (Please no scary costumes)
We hope you will join us for our October events.
Every Monday is School Spirit Wear day. Tuesday dismissal is 1:33pm,every Wednesday look in your child’s notebook for any School to Home Correspondence, every Friday is College Awareness Day. That’s all for now. Have a Fabulous Week!