July 20, 2018
Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! I hope that you are enjoying summertime activities with family and friends. Our main office is now open with daily hours from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. School starts on Tuesday, August 14th.
As we prepare for the beginning of school we have a few reminders shared below. Please read carefully as some procedures have changed for safety reasons. Feel free to call our office if you have any questions or need clarification on anything listed below.
Monday August 13th , Orientation Day
11- 12:00pm – Meet your Child’s Teacher & Curriculum Forum in Loyola Auditorium
Curriculum Forum - Meet your child’s teacher. Review the academic goals to be met by the end of First Semester
12:00- 1:00pm - Magnet Orientation, School Site Council, School-Wide Safety Plan & Positive Behavior Support Plan Meeting in Loyola Auditorium
Tuesday August 14th- Principal Meet and Greet at 8:30am. Join me for light refreshments and coffee .
The following procedures will ensure a smooth back-to-school experience:
Arrival at school: 7:50 - 8:10 a.m.
- The morning yard opens at 7:50 a.m., and supervision begins at that time.
Children may not arrive before 7:50 a.m.
Parents needing an earlier drop-off time should contact STAR for childcare (310-678-5052)
- Our morning drop-off valet begins at 7:50 a.m. on VillanovaAvenue for students arriving by car.
Travel in a clockwise direction around the campus to enter the drop-off area.
- Students arriving by bus enter the campus on Villanova Ave.
- Students walking to school with a family member enter the campus through the pedestrian gate on Villanova Ave.
- Kindergarten students meet in the Kindergarten yard.
- 1st – 5th grade students walk onto the morning yard and line up in assigned line up area.
Morning Line-up Bell: 8:10 a.m.
- Students will be greeted in our line up area by their classroom teacher.
Dismissal: 2:33 p.m.
- Kindergarten parents meet their children in the Kindergarten yard.
- Magnet students with bus transportation will walk to the route line-up areas.
- Parents picking up their children by car are requested to honor our Bus zones on 88th Place and Villanova Ave, and walk onto campus through the pedestrian gate to meet their children. The loading zone on Villanova Avenue may be used for pick-up after 2:45 p.m. only.
- STAR offers childcare before and after school from 7:00–7:50 a.m. and dismissal–6:00 p.m.
Please call Tony Lafaurie, STAR Director at (310) 678-5052 for information.
- “Beyond the Bell” Youth Services offers a recreation program for children in Grades 2 – 5 from dismissal until 6:00 p.m. Students should meet the YS Coach in the cafeteria.
Within the first week of school, your child will bring home a special Loyola Village folder with many important district and school documents, including the LAUSD Parent-Student Handbook, read them all and return the signature pages. You will also find the “Student Emergency Information Form.” Please fill out this form completely , with at least 3 working numbers, and sign where indicated. Return it to school by Friday, August 17th
Transportation will route your child and mail information home directly. If you have moved since enrollment, please let us know as soon as possible, so that you can be routed to the right stop. For other issues, please contact transportation office directly at 1-800-LA-BUSES (1-800-522-8737) or 1-213-580-2950.
All the best for the rest of the summer, and I look forward to greeting you and your child on Tuesday August 14! Don’t forget Every Tuesday dismissal is 1:33pm.
Dr. Krishna Smith, Principal