Our school is a Residential-Magnet for grades TK to 5th grade; that means that students that live within out school boundaries have a guaranteed space in our school, no matter at what point in the year, they enroll.
The following documents are required for enrollment in addition to the enrollment packet provided by the school.
- ORIGINAL Birth Certificate, Passport, Health/Vital Statistics Affidavit
- ORIGINAL Complete Immunization Record (No waivers are allowed)
- PROOF OF RESIDENCE Original Electric or Gas Bill, Affidavit, Rental Agreement or Escrow papers **No Telephone Bill Accepted**
- PROOF OF LEGAL GUARDIANSHIP (If necessary)
- PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION
- HEALTH FORMS: All Kindergarten and First Grade students are required to submit an Orange Health Card (completed by a private physician) and the Oral Health Assessment/Waiver Request Form. In addition, any Second through Fifth Grade students from out of state are also required to complete these forms.
Registration for Loyola Village Fine & Performing Arts Magnet School for non-residents students 1st through 5th is handled through a lottery system. The lottery is conducted at the LAUSD Integration Offices and Loyola Village does not have input as to which students are accepted. The process begins with the publication of the Choices brochure in early fall. Choices describes all available Magnet schools in LAUSD and allows students to apply to a single school. Find out more about how Choices works please visit: https://apply.lausd.net/.
The district provides regular updates on the application process and acceptance letters go out in Spring. As soon as the students receives the acceptance letter, parents are welcome to pick up an enrollment packet at the school.
Students requesting enrollment for Kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st, on the year of enrollment.
Students requesting to enroll in Transitional Kindergarten must the 5 years old by December 2nd, on the year of enrollment.
We are happy to offer multiple opportunities for you to visit our school. Here are the dates:
- Tuesday, February 12, 2019 (Kindergarten enrollment starts)
- Tuesdays, March 5, 23, 19 and 26, 2019
- Tuesday, April 9, 2019
- Tuesday, April 14, 2019 after Spring Show
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019
“Drop-in” or impromptu tours are not available. Please contact Magnet Coordinator if you have any questions.