This is Dr. Smith with your weekly updates. Tomorrow Monday November 18th is our final Parent Conference day. Dismissal will be at 1:40pm. Please contact your teacher to set a time to meet if you haven’t met with your teacher yet. Thank you to all parents and families that attended the Parent Conferences last week. Report Cards were sent home on Friday afternoon, if you hadn’t already received it during your parent conference. Please check your child’s backpack. Also, you can log into to Parent Portal to view your child’s grades as well.
Thank you for supporting the Book Fair! You can still purchase books online.
It’s that time to begin planning for your Yearbook purchase. Please begin planning for your yearbook purchase.
Next Week Monday November 25th school will be closed for the entire week. School will resume on Monday December 02nd.
During the Thanksgiving Break, please be sure to provide your child with opportunities to read, read, read! Research has shown that a student’s overall achievement is directly tied to their reading abilities.
As you attend your Parent Conference I have provided links to on the website with suggested questions that you can ask during a parent teacher conference. Here are a few questions you should ask.
1. How do you best prefer to communicate with me? (Email? Phone? Text? Notes?)
2. What do you see as my child’s strengths?
3. What do you think are the academic challenges for my child?
4. What strategies or support are you or the school providing to support my child?
5. How is my child doing socially?
6. Is my child on grade level in both reading and reading comprehension? What about math, science and writing?
8. Can we talk more about your homework policy and how my child is doing with homework?
9. What can I do at home to support what you’re doing in the classroom?
10. Make sure you take some time to view your child’s portfolio of work.
Every Monday is School Spirit Day, Tuesday dismissal is 1:33pm, and every Wednesday look in your child’s notebook for any School to Home Correspondence. That’s all for now. Have a Fabulous Week!